Far less than meets the eye

My photo
Ecumenism is the Universal Solvent of Tradition .

Always Trumpsters descend into blasphemy

https://wmbriggs.com/post/34256/

ABS is not amused by their comparison of  Trump with Biblical Saints because that comparison cuts both ways; if Trump is like the righteous men of the Bible the righteous men of the Bible are like Trump.


To begin, ABS was told that when he characterised the guest post as blasphemy that he is wrong because that is not the meaning of blasphemy.


Here is Aquinas on Blasphemy


Reply to Objection 2. Even as God is praised in His saints, in so far as praise is given to the works which God does in His saints, so does blasphemy against the saints, redound, as a consequence, against God.


https://www.newadvent.org/summa/3013.htm


The author of this crazy claims column compares Trump favorably to John the Baptist when it is the case that Trump is like Herod whom John castigated for being an adulterer.


Trump has been marred three times, even more wives than Herod.


John the Baptist preached repentance for sins but Trump, a former 'piskie, does not think he has ever committed an act that required repentance or forgiveness.


After months of reflection, Donald Trump says he still doesn't regret his decision not to ask God for forgiveness for his sins. 


In an interview on Sunday with CNN, the Republican presidential frontrunner said that he does not regret never asking God for forgiveness, partially because he says he doesn't have much to apologize for.


"I have great relationship with God. I have great relationship with the Evangelicals," Trump said in the interview before pivoting to his poll numbers among Evangelical voters.


"I like to be good. I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad."


Trump was responding to a question from moderator Jake Tapper, who said that a Trump rival — who many suspect is Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) — conducted a telephone survey testing several lines of attack, including a jab questioning the reality-television star's religious convictions.


"He shouldn't be doing that," Trump said of the Cruz campaign's potential survey questions. "Very unethical.”


Late last year, Trump told Republican pollster and focus-group guru Frank Luntz that when the real-estate mogul has done something wrong, he tries to correct his error without getting God involved.


"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."


https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-on-god-i-dont-like-to-have-to-ask-for-forgiveness-2016-1



Trump: I hope I don't have to ask 'for much forgiveness' from God

 

06/08/2016 12:13 PM EDT

Though he remarked last year that he has never asked God for forgiveness, Donald Trump suggested in an interview published Wednesday that he plans on doing just that.

In an interview with columnist Cal Thomas, Trump was asked, "You have said you never felt the need to ask for God’s forgiveness, and yet repentance for one’s sins is a precondition to salvation. I ask you the question Jesus asked of Peter: Who do you say He is?"

I will be asking for forgiveness, but hopefully I won’t have to be asking for much forgiveness. As you know, I am Presbyterian and Protestant. I’ve had great relationships and developed even greater relationships with ministers. We have tremendous support from the clergy. I think I will be doing very well during the election with evangelicals and with Christians," Trump said, according to the transcript."In the Middle East — and this is prior to the migration — you had almost no chance of coming into the United States. Christians from Syria, of which there were many, many of their heads … chopped off. If you were a Muslim from Syria, it was one of the easiest places to come in (to the U.S.). I thought that was deplorable."He added, "I’m going to treat my religion, which is Christian, with great respect and care." 

Thomas concluded by asking, "Who do you say Jesus is?"

"Jesus to me is somebody I can think about for security and confidence," Trump said. "Somebody I can revere in terms of bravery and in terms of courage and, because I consider the Christian religion so important, somebody I can totally rely on in my own mind."

The remarks come days before Trump is scheduled speak before the Faith & Freedom Coalition's conference on Friday in Washington.

During an appearance at the Family Leadership Summit last July, Trump said that he has never asked God for forgiveness but that he does take communion, which he described as "[w]hen I drink my little wine -- which is about the only wine I drink -- and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed."


This is the man The Briggs' Blog considers worthy of favorable comparisons to Biblical Holy men who called for repentance.

The blog even calls Trump a King.


Like many of the righteous men of the Bible did, Trump thinks calling his daughter a piece of ass is ok:


https://forward.com/schmooze/351699/ivanka-trump-favorited-a-tweet-about-her-fathers-piece-of-ass-comment/

Like many righteous men of the Bible, Trump would date his daughter if he were not her father