Far less than meets the eye

My photo
Ecumenism is the Universal Solvent of Tradition .

Dear ABS

Dear ABS. The other day I was dubbing around on Facebook waiting for the Missus to make us some Whiskey Shrimp Ceviche for supper when I come across this Crazy Ass  Retarded  B.S. (Excuse my French).

I took one look at it and my blood began to boil.

What in tarnation is going on with the U.S. Army installing Gold Courses in the middle of a dang desert?

Shitteth me thou? was my first thought and my second one was Honey, ya better add another ...hold on, check that..that was my second thought and the "Honey,..." would be my third thought I reckon.

DANG!! This whole thing is messing with my mind.

Look at this....LOOK!!



I ain't shitting ABS click on the link below and tell me this ain't an example of wasting so many tax dollars that the number of dollars wasted on a great green golf course in the middle of some sandy shit hole in Saudi Arabia will add up to the same number as "the stars in the sky that are more numerous than the grains of sand in one sand trap only itchier and stinkier than an Alien is," I think that is what Carl Sagan used to say and he is prolly right; well he used to be right but now he is dead. 


https://www.facebook.com/ArizonaGolfRiyadh/


ABS tell me what'n'hell is going on here?


Yours truly, Flummoxed in Fussels Corner, Florida.


Dear Flummoxed in Fussels Corner.

ABS can not only sense your frustration, it practically reaches out from your letter and Moe Howard Eye-Pokes him.

Calm down.

ABE Ministry makes the assessment that this Army Base Golf Course prolly is safe for there is no known tradition of Mahomet playing golf and so ISIS is not bloody well likely to invade it and start to decapitate the caddies and blow-up the Pro Shop.

The first thing to know is Russia and China doesn't waste money like this on their military. If they had a nine iron they wouldn't waste time using it to hit golf balls, they'd brain us with it.

The current head of The Army is prolly some man who says he is a woman or simply hates America and so he hires some Madison Avenue propagandist to develop a slogan to be repeated to the American Tax Payers that will be a thought stopping emotion-lifting bit of brain-trifle that will putatively justify the waste of their tax money; The Army, lowering handicaps and raising morale.


Rock on, Brother